Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Promises

 Promises



Here is a list of some of the promises of God in the Bible for those who have placed their faith and hope in the Lord Jesus Christ. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, but it covers many of the key promises found in Scripture:


1. Salvation: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16


2. Forgiveness of sins: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9


3. Adoption into God's family: "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." - John 1:12


4. New life in Christ: "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" - 2 Corinthians 5:17


5. Guidance and direction: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6


6. Peace and comfort: "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." - John 14:27


7. Strength in times of weakness: "But he said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." - 2 Corinthians 12:9


8. Provision and care: "And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:19


9. Protection: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold." - Psalm 18:2


10. Eternity with God: "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." - John 14:3


11. The Holy Spirit's presence and guidance: "But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you." - John 14:26


12. Victory over sin and death: "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." - 1 Corinthians 15:57


13. Unconditional love: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39


These promises remind us of God's faithfulness, love, and provision in every area of our lives. We can trust in His Word and rely on His promises as we navigate our journey of faith in Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment